SAF announces fully paid scholarship at UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Centre for South Asia Water Management (UMCSAWM)-2015
Moratuwa, Sri Lanka -
18th September 2015
UNIVERSITY OF MORATUWA, SRI LANKA
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Master of Science Degree/ Postgraduate Diploma in
Water Resources Engineering and Management (2015/2016)
Guidelines for the Submission of Applications
- Applications are invited for the 2015/2016 intake of the above course offered by the Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (www.civil.mrt.ac.lk). The programme will be conducted at the UNESCO Madanjeet Centre for South Asia Water Management (UMCSAWM), in collaboration with the South Asia Foundation (SAF).
- Please submit duly filled-out application forms (Pages 1 ~ 3) with confidential recommendations from two non-related referees (Pages 5-6 & 7-8), and other supportive documents, as instructed in the form.
- Please check whether you have attached the following with the application:
- Copies of certificates of academic qualifications (degree certificate and transcripts).
- Copies of certificates of membership/associate membership/graduateship of professional institutions.
- Letter of consent from employer regarding leave / permission to follow the course (Page 4 of the application)
- Letter of sponsorship (if applicable)
- Copies of certificates of English language proficiency (compulsory for all international applicants)
- Photographs (3 copies) and copies of Birth certificate & National identity card/Valid passport
All copies submitted should be certified as true copies of the original documents either by a University Registrar, Legal Practitioner, or Justice of Peace/Notary Public. For applicants from SAARC countries, an official from South Asia Foundation (SAF) Chapter in their respective country should be the certifying authority.
- Please hand over the duly filled-out application form to the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka or send by Registered Post to:
For Local Applicants
For International Applicants
The Course Coordinator,
M.Sc./PG Dip in Water Resources Engineering and Management,
Department of Civil Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,
- From SAARC Countries (with scholarship)
The Secretariat, South Asia Foundation (SAF) Chapter in their respective country.
- From SAARC (Self-funded) or Non-SAARC Countries
Same as for local applicants.
Please contact the Course Coordinator (WREM) on Tel: +94(011) 2650567 Ext: 2116 or, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Secretariat of the South Asia Foundation (SAF) Chapter in your country (SAARC applicants) for further information.
For Local Applicants (Sri Lankan)
For International Applicants
- Closing Date for Applications: 30th November 2015
- Interview list on the website: 06th December 2015
- Date of Interviews: 15th &16th December 2015
- Selected list in the website: 23rd December 2015
- Registration : (Date will be notified)
- Commencement: 22nd January 2016
|• Closing Date for Applications: 30th November 2015
• Pre-screening by SAF/UoM: 06th December 2015
• Online/Skype interviews: 10th &11th December 2015
• Pre-Selections: 14th December 2015
• Final-Selections: 18th December 2015
• Commencement: 22nd January 2016
Please refer to the supplementary documents for Eligibility requirements, Course structure and Course fee details.
1.) Scholarship Application Form for Water Resources Engineering and Management 2015-2016
2.) UMCSAWM-SAF Application Guide_2015-16 [SAF] (1).pdf
3.) UMCSAWM-SL_SAF MSc in WREM Letter 2016 (1).pdf